CT50 Concentrate Powerful Tile and Concrete Cleaner
Coverclean CT-50 Concentrate Commercial Tile Floor Cleaner
Uses Super Concentrated Cleaning Crystal Technology.
Great for Tile and Grout, Concrete, Indoor & Outdoor | 100% Bio-Degradable
On This Page:
What Is CoverClean CT-50 Concentrate?
CoverClean CT-50 is a powerful concentrated cleaner we use to cleaning concrete, tile and grout.
The “CT” stands for crystal technology. The product comes in a crystal or powdered concentrate which you have to dilute with warm water (for the best results) to clean your concrete or tile and grout surface.
- – Is highly effective in lifting heavy dirt stains
- – Contains an organic solvent that breaks down grease
- – Has enzymes that help to break down organic matter.
This combination of the benefits makes it a very effective clean-up for concrete and tile and grout surfaces.
Is CoverClean CT-50 A Consumer Or Commercial Concrete Cleaning Product?
CT-50 was developed initially for commercial and industrial use.
It’s a powerful cleaner. It will lift heavy duty dirt off high foot-traffic floors easily.
Some common applications our customers use it for include:
- – Commercial tile and grout
- – High vehicle traffic garages
- – Busy restaurants
- – Parking decks
- – Automotive areas with heavy duty oil contamination
- – Gas stations
- – Etc.
Although it possesses this kind of cleaning power, it’s a very easy to use cleaner.
Again, all that’s needed is to dilute the powdered crystal product with warm water to create a cleaning solution.
As a result of this ease of use, we make it available for consumers’ use as well. It’s very safe for use in the home. It’s biodegradable. It has a very pleasant smell.
So it’s available now for commercial, consumer or D.I.Y. users.
What Are Typical Situations Where CoverClean CT-50 Is Used?
CT-50 is perfect for cleaning porous surfaces like concrete, natural stone, and porous tile and grout.
It has components that will tackle mold and mildew.
It contains an organic, citrus-based solvent that’s a great de-greaser.
It also has enzymes that break down organic and oil-based products as well.
This product packs quite a cleaning punch.
Situations where the product really shines (no pun intended):
- – In commercial kitchens where there’s heavy oil and grease constantly spilling or splattering around. The business can use CT-50 to deep clean the floor, any tile and grout present, and any porous surface exposed to dirt and grime.
- – Outside, in areas containing pavers or concrete, if there is mold and mildew present, CT-50 will easily deep clean the surface before sealing it.
- – In vehicle parking decks or garages, CT-50 will lift the petroleum-based stains so you can scrub the surface clean, and pressure wash it off easily.
Another great benefit of using CT-50 is that it comes in concentrated powder. If you need deeper cleaning action, you simply add more of the powder per gallon of water.
For example, for daily cleaning to keep up with the oil and grease, you could add 1 oz. per gallon. However, if you need stronger cleaning power, you could add 2 to 4 oz. to a gallon.
With that said, from a typical package CT-50, you can get up to 8 gallons of cleaning solution. So it’s very economical as well.
Why Does It Have A Shelf Life?
The reason why CT-50 has a 12 to 18 month shelf life is because exposure to moisture will activate ingredients that make up the cleaner.
We strongly recommend that you keep it in a cool, dry place, and keep the container closed.
Do not let moisture get into the product until you’re ready to use it.
Does CoverClean CT-50 Interact Well With 3rd Party Products?
CT-50 is a powdered concentrate that you dilute with warm water for the best results.
- It’s 100% water-soluble.
- It’s environmentally friendly.
- It’s biodegradable, so it’s not going to damage any organic life.
With that said, Covertec strongly recommends that you always do a quick test on a small area of any surface you are cleaning.
This is just to be 100% sure that you do not already have any substances on your floor surface that could react badly with CT-50.
If you are deep cleaning, and there’s a floor sealer on the surface, start using the product with a lower dilution (1 oz. per gallon).
Perform the cleaning test on a small area and make sure it has no negative impact. Once you’re satisfied with the test result, do your cleaning.
Next time you perform a cleaning, you can increase the concentration of CT-50 (up to 4 oz. per gallon of water) – if needed.
In any case, if you are worried about CT-50 – or any of our cleaning products – reacting adversely with your other products on your surfaces, please contact our office for answers first.
When It Comes To Applying CT-50, What Are The Recommended Steps?
Using the CT-50 is simple.
1) Clean your surface.
– Sweep off any major dust or dirt on your surface.
– If you’re dealing with caked-in grease, scrape as much of it off the surface before cleaning.
2) Mix the concentrated powder with warm or hot water to get the best results.
– For deep cleaning, use about 2 oz. per gallon of water.
– For general cleaning, then 1 oz. per gallon of water.
3) Apply the CT-50 mixture.
– Mop it onto the floor.
– Use a pump-up sprayer, and then scrub it into the surface, then agitate the surface.
4) Let the CT-50 solution sit on the surface for UP TO 15 minutes.
– Don’t let it dry out. If it starts to dry out, add a bit more solution.
5) Rinse off the CT-50 solution.
– Wash or wipe the solution off the surface.
Again, CT-50 is 100% bio-degradable. It won’t harm aquatic life. It won’t harm organic life.
Once you wash the product away, it won’t leave a residue on the surface.
What Makes CoverClean CT-50 More Effective Than Hardware Store Products?
CoverClean CT-50 uses a unique blend of components to produce the results that it does.
- First, it contains high pH soluble salts that will whiten, bleach and break down stubborn, stuck-on grease.
- Second, it has organic, citrus based solvents to breakdown oil based contaminants, and provides a pleasant fragrance.
This way, you can use it indoors and not worry about any overpowering, unbearable odors.
- Thirdly, it contains environmentally-friendly enzymes that break down organic matter quickly and easily, such as mold and mildew.
Each of these components work in unison to produce this powerful cleaner.
Typical store-bought cleaning products don’t have the same cleaning power or are environmentally safe.
On top of this, it’s often cheaper than the store brands, because it’s a concentrate that’s diluted with warm water for the best results.
If Customers Use Competing Products, What Do They Typically Notice?
If customers use inferior products, the first thing they notice is the ineffective cleaning power. They don’t see the results very quickly.
- Typically, much more of the store-bought product has to be used to see ANY result. This also means repeated applications of those products are NECESSARY to produce any cleaning, removal or break-down of grease and oil contaminants.
- Store-bought products typically leave behind harsh odors. And whether that’s to create the impression of being “tough” or it’s just poor product design on the brand’s part, it’s still not consumer-friendly. CT-50 has a very pleasant citrus-orange smell that our customers enjoy. And it’s a product that’s pleasant to use indoors or in enclosed spaces.
- Lastly, customers who have switched to CT-50 used to complain about how much store-bought cleaning products cost. One 8 oz. package of CT-50 will produce between 4 and 8 gallons of cleaning solution that easily outperforms the big-box brands. That same amount of cleaning solution from a store brand would cost you 6-10 times more money to produce similar results.
What About Other Types Of Concrete Cleaners Or Degreasers?
So we often get asked what are the types of concrete cleaners that are out there that you can use?
In general, there are a few types of cleaners:
- – Acid-based
- – Neutral
- – Alkaline-based
- – Organic
- – Microbial
- – Solvent-based
The acid cleaners are good for cleaning rust stains, cement stains and salts that may get onto your surface.
The alkaline products are good for breaking down grease, cleaning dirt and whitening the concrete. Both of these products can impact the concrete surface itself.
Again, we strongly recommend doing a little test by applying any products from these 2 categories to a small area of your surface. This is just to make sure they won’t harm your surface in any way.
For example, an acidic solution will etch. An alkaline cleaner can also change the look of your floor.
If you have any sealers on that concrete, an alkaline-based product can also dull the surface’s finish.
Neutral cleaners – like our GlossClean – have a neutral pH.
We use this a lot on polished and sealed concrete surfaces because it won’t impact the concrete itself.
It’s cleaning action not as strong as alkaline and acidic-based products, but for general day-to-day use, it’s an excellent choice.
A high pH, alkaline cleaner would be something like our CT-50.
A low pH, acidic cleaner would be something like a PrepWork or PreTreat.
When it comes to organic and microbial cleaners, our CoverClean HC and FG break down oils and contaminants in a very environmentally friendly way.
They’re not aggressive, but highly effective. They won’t harm the concrete surface, but they do take longer to react and remove the dirt.
The “FG” in CoverClean FG stands for “food grade.”
The “HC” in CoverClean HC stands for “hydrocarbon” and is designed to consume petroleum based oils.
Lastly, there are the solvent-based products that contain soy or citrus components.
Currently, we don’t offer solvent-based cleaning products at Covertec.
The reason is that they really just thin out the contaminants and spread them across the surface. They don’t really eliminate them from the concrete, tile or other surfaces.
How Do Homemade Cleaners Perform Compared To CoverClean CT-50 Concentrate?
Consumers – and sometimes professionals – like to create their own cleaning chemical mix.
At Coveretec, we urge those folks to exercise some caution when doing this. You need to be careful because when mixing chemicals, you can create gases like:
– Chlorine gas
– Ammonium gas
These can be very harmful to you and others in your immediate surroundings. Again, be very careful about the chemicals you combine.
Something to consider is that a product formulated using specific quantities of known materials will typically provide more consistent cleaning results.
This will provide more consistent results compared to something that is more homemade using components are arbitrarily added together.
Another thing to consider is that homemade cleaning mixtures don’t use materials that can provide deep cleaning of a surface.
And, they probably will not be environmentally safe or provide a pleasant odor after being used.
At CoverTec, we manufacture products – like CT-50 – that are:
- – Biodegradable
- – Non-hazardous
- – Low odor
- – Easy to dispose of
- – And consistent in their results.
This is because they’re formulated and lab-tested to produce very similar outcomes for our customers repeatedly.
CT-50 Customer Testimonials
All purpose cleaning of:
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile and Grout
- Oil and grease stained concrete
- Natural Stone and Grout
- Shower walls
- Restrooms and Locker rooms
- Garage floors and driveways
- Mold and Mildew
- Grout Stains
- Wax and grease
- Scum on ceramic tiles
- Super strength powder 4 oz. per gallon
- High pH formula to clean off heavy soils
- Powdered oxygen to lift and remove stains
- Enzyme fortified to attack organic residue
- Fortified with D-limonene natural solvent
- Prevents redepositing of particulates
- Rinses freely and easily with water
- 100% Biodegradable
18 months when stored under shade in a dry environment
Apply CT-50 with a spray bottle, brush or mop. Be sure to thoroughly wet the surface.
Allow CT-50 to dwell on surface 10-15 minutes. Agitate the surface by scrubbing with a stiff brush or scouring pad for best results. Badly soiled surfaces may need a second application. Rinse thoroughly with water.